|Our road to a cleaner, greener future
|Hi-Trans Express is aware of the part we play in maintaining the environment. That's why we are continually adopting new strategies and technologies which reduce CO2 emissions and our carbon footprint.
ABOUT US > SUSTAINABILITY
|DID YOU KNOW?
|Our paperless systems and 'sign on glass' technology are saving trees every day.
Environmental Management Policy
As part of our compliance processes, Hi-Trans Express Pty Ltd is absolutely committed to the Prevention of Pollution, and management of the Environment in accordance with:
- requirements of ISO 14001
- legislative and regulatory obligations throughout all of our activities.
Hi-Trans Express will:
- Create systems and processes which control our environmental obligations
- Set and review environmental objectives and targets
- Continually improve our environmental performance
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding our environmental obligations and our environmental performance
Hi-Trans Express undertakes to put in place cost effective actions to reduce our own greenhouse gas emissions.
This covers, but is not limited to:
- Minimising the enviromental impact of our buildings, plant and office equipment through upgrading systems, lighting, office equipment and recycling paper waste.
- Reducing vehicle emissions through matching trucks and trailers to freight tasks.
- Limiting gas emissions from waste products.
- Collection of oil coolant by registered waste disposal providers.
- Tyres marked for disposal are collected and shredded for recycling.
- Management systems to measure, monitor and support gas reduction initiatives including energy usage, staff awareness and employee participation.